Discover the authentic side of the famously modern city with this Dubai Overnight Desert Safari. You'll sleep in a Bedouin camp along with luxury comforts.
Dubai Overnight Desert Safari
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Dubai between 1:45 and 2:30 pm, and make our way to the Lahbab Desert to begin this incredible adventure.
On arrival, we'll rest for 20 minutes and then get back on a 4x4 Land Cruiser to enjoy one of the most exciting activities of the day, dune bashing. While on a powerful off-road vehicle driven by an expert pilot, we'll go through the dunes practising skidding and climbing these imposing sand mountains.
After this experience, we'll move on to sandboarding. You'll be given a board to slide down the dune at full speed before heading to the camp where we'll spend the night. When we arrive at the accommodation, you'll be welcomed with coffee, tea, traditional treats and dates. Then we'll meet back up for a camel ride at sunset.
You'll then have some free time to tour the camp and relax. When night falls, we'll witness a very special show and meet the dancers of the famous tanoura dance.
Once the show is over, we'll enjoy a delicious barbecue dinner in which you'll be able to taste some traditional dishes, with an option for vegetarians. Afterwards, a nashaat dancer will liven up the end of the dinner.
We'll end the day next to a bonfire and admire the undeniable beauty of the Milky Way before going to sleep in our Bedouin tent.
The next day, we'll wake up 15 minutes before dawn to take in this magnificent natural spectacle while on a short camel ride. Then you'll enjoy a wonderful breakfast before returning to your hotel in Dubai, arriving at 12 pm.
Children under 5 years old and pregnant women won't be able to participate in the dune bashing, they will have to wait at the camp during this time.
The following images will show you the tents, rooms and bathrooms.
During Ramadan (23 April to 23 May 2020), there will be no dancing or entertainment in the camp nor will alcohol be served. These conditions also apply during other religious festivals, whose dates vary depending on the UAE national festival calendar (3 April, 5 and 6 June, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 31 August, and 9 November 2020, subject to modification).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 10 years old|
Children between 5 and 10 years oldUS$ 85
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Safari in a Land Cruiser.
Overnight stay in a traditional bedouin tent.
Unlimited water and soft drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).