The Ferrari World park, inaugurated in 2010, is protected by an enormous 86,000 square-meter roof crowned by a huge Ferrari logo, making it the largest indoor theme park in the world.
The park has 19 attractions including two roller coasters. These are some of the highlights:
- Formula Rossa: The park's star attraction is also the world's fastest, reaching speeds of up to 150 mph (240 kph)
- Fiorano GT Challenge: A dual rollercoaster that puts passengers head-to-head in a Ferrari F430 race.
- Galleria Ferrari: A small, interactive exhibition of historical cars.
- G-Force: This shuttle lifts passengers 200 feet off the ground before letting them fall back down.
In addition to these attractions, there are also some special ones for children that allow them to create Ferrari miniatures or drive a small Ferrari Spider F430 GT and a small Formula One model.
The park features several simulators, virtual tours, and 3D attractions that allow visitors to travel through the history and world of Ferrari.
How to get to Ferrari World
- Book a tour: This is the most comfortable option for those who don't want to or can't, drive in Dubai. The price of the tour includes hotel pickup, transport, and entry to the park. Book a tour.
- Rent a car: Renting a car is a very cheap option, but don't forget the GPS.
A third option, cheaper but rather tedious, would be to go by public bus to Abu Dhabi and then take a taxi to Ferrari World.
Leaves a lot to be desired
Despite its prestigious name, Ferrari World is a disappointing place for both lovers of the brand and those looking for an entertaining amusement park. Anyone who has visited any quality theme park (Alton Towers, Disneyland Paris, Terra Mítica) will be disappointed.
Since the main attraction of the park, "Formula Rossa", is often closed for maintenance and the rest of the attractions are of little interest - especially if we take into account the high price of entry - it's advisable to visit its official website to see if this attraction is currently open and in service before going all the way there.
The best part of Ferrari World is the brand's product store, which can be accessed without having to purchase a ticket.