Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Fujariah, Sharjah... discover the incredible contrasts of the United Arab Emirates on a private day trip from Dubai. You'll have an exclusive English-speaking guide just for you and your group as you explore its rich cultural and historic heritage.
Why book a private excursion from Dubai?
When you book a private day trip from Dubai, you receive a personalised service, including an exclusive English-speaking guide just for you and your group, hotel pick up and drop off and transport by comfortable private vehicle. You can also choose when and where you want to go and what's more, if you're a larger group, you'll save money too!
Private Day Trip Options
Tailor your itinerary by choosing where you'd like to go on your private excursion from the following options:
Abu Dhabi Day Trip (8 hours)
After being picked up from your hotel, you'll be taken to the United Arab Emirates' capital city, Abu Dhabi, famous for its fusion of luxury and tradition. Enjoy a guided tour, visiting the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque; admiring the views from the Corniche, the waterfront promenade; and marvelling at the majestic Emirates Palace luxury hotel.
You'll travel back in time discovering the origins of Abu Dhabi at the Heritage Village, a reconstruction of the historic emirate which reflects the traditional Bedouin way of life. After eating a delicious meal in a local restaurant, you'll visit the enormous Date Market where you can see all the different varieties of this popular dried fruit. Finally you'll take in the iconic skyline of the city before returning to Dubai.
Al Ain Day Trip (8 hours)
Immerse yourself in the traditions of the UAE on this excursion to Al Ain, a city where the region's history has been preserved. Visit the Al Ain Palace, where the country's founding father and first president resided, and explore the Emirates' National Museum which includes Bronze Age tombs found near Al Ain.
There's a reason Al Ain is known as the "Garden City of the Gulf": you'll visit one of its many luscious oases as well as the famous Camel Market, where traders negotiate daily over these desert animals. Your day trip will also take you to Al Jahili Fort and the Hili Archaeological Garden before taking you back to your hotel in Dubai.
Fujairah Day Trip (8 hours)
First thing in the morning, you'll be picked up from your hotel and set off in the direction of Fujairah, the capital of one of the country's seven emirates. Learn about its history on a tour of the Fujairah Museum and delve into the past visiting the city's ancient fortress, the oldest in the UAE dating back almost four centuries.
Continue to the Heritage Village where you'll be taken on a journey of the life, culture and traditions of this emirate, before making the most of Fujariah's coastline on the Gulf of Oman, exploring its beautiful beaches. Finally, you'll visit the country's most historic mosque, Al Bidya, and the Friday Market - open daily despite its name - where you'll have the opportunity to snap up some great deals on ceramics, spices and souvenirs before heading back to Dubai.
Sharjah Day Trip (5 hours)
Having been picked up from your hotel in Dubai, you'll begin your excursion to the "Cultural Capital of the Arab World" according to UNESCO. Touring the historic Emirate of Sharjah, you'll discover the Museum of Islamic Civilisation, the Al-Arsa Souk and the massive Central Market, spread over six buildings with more than 600 stores.
Your day trip will also include a panoramic tour of Sharjah, including the Pearl Monument, which symbolises the union of the UAE's seven emirates; the striking Faisal Mosque and the Holy Quran Monument at Cultural Square. The excursion will come to an end back at your hotel in Dubai.
Tailor your trip!
Your private day trip includes a pick up and drop off service from hotels in Dubai (except in the following areas: Dubai Investments Park, Discovery Garden, Jebel Ali, Al Maha Resort & Bab Al Shams); from the Port Rashid cruise port; or from another central point in the city - you choose where's best for you!
- To enter the Grand Mosque and other religious buildings there is a dress code: both men and women must wear loose and long clothing, covering up arms and legs. Women must also wear a headscarf.
- On local public holidays (15 and 16 June), the Grand Mosque will not be open to visitors. The Heritage Village will be closed between the 14 and 18 June.
- During Ramadan (23 April to 23 May 2020), there will be no dancing or entertainment in the camp nor will alcohol be served. These conditions also apply during other religious festivals, whose dates vary depending on the UAE national festival calendar (3 April, 5 and 6 June, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 31 August, and 9 November 2020, subject to modification).
- Babies travel free provided they sit on an adult's lap and not on their own seat.
- The National Museum and Al Ain Palace Museum are closed on Mondays. If you visit when they're closed, the itinerary will be modified to visit alternative locations.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 5 people|
|Abu Dhabi day trip||
|Al Ain day trip||
|Fujairah day trip||
|Sharjah day trip||
Abu Dhabi day trip
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 510
Al Ain day trip
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 599
Fujairah day trip
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 599
Sharjah day trip
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 355
* The price varies based on the chosen date
8 hours - 9 hours.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Private and exclusive tour, there will be no one else in the group.
English speaking guide.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
Private transport from Dubai.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).